Based in Ghent, Belgium
18 July, 2018
Trivia Switch is the first quiz game in the world without points. In this very exciting mobile trivia game you can create your own avatar and challenge yourself and your friends. You can test your knowledge in three unique ways.
In the multiplayer mode, you can challenge up to five friends or randomly selected Trivia Switch players. At the end of each round, the lowest ranked player drops out. By answering correctly, you switch places with your higher ranked opponent, until you finally reach the desired first place.
In the solo mode, your goal is to move from the fifth to the first place by giving four consecutive correct answers. In the duel mode you challenge one friend to give those four correct answers quicker than you do.
This free game stands out from other trivia games for its unique real-time multiplayer experience, graphics, avatars and social aspect.
Trivia Switch is based on the popular Belgian television quiz show Switch. The game is the result of a collaboration between the creators of the television format at the Flemish production company Panenka and the game developers at Triangle Factory.
The game called Switch was launched in Flanders in the summer of 2017, boosting an immediate and overwhelming success. More than half a million users installed the game in the first few months following the release.
In order to increase user satisfaction, the game regularly changes its look. Around Halloween, the game setting switches from a cool TV studio to a graveyard, with the white desks replaced by tombstones. During the 2018 FIFA World Cup the game was played on a football pitch, with players who could dress up as fans of their favourite team and with World Cup related questions.
The game is widely known in Flanders and a loyal community of Switch players has formed since the launch. Every day tens of thousands of players enjoy the game. The overwhelming success in Flanders inspired both Panenka and Triangle Factory to launch the game internationally, calling it Trivia Switch.
- The ideal short break pastime.
- Test your knowledge of all kinds. Separate rankings of all topics keep track of your expertise in comparison to your friends and the rest of the world.
- Keep your stress under control while the clock ticks away mercilessly.
- Play against friends, and let them know once and for all who is the smartest one around.
- Compare your knowledge to trivia players from all over the world.
- Make new friends while challenging their knowledge.
- Create your own avatar and pimp it endlessly, thanks to the hundreds of different outfits.
- Express yourself through various emojis and fun animations while playing.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Mobile Game 2019" Belgian Game Awards, 15 February, 2019
- "Trivia Switch was soft launched in Belgium and managed to accrue an impressive 800,000 downloads."
- Gamezebo, Article (English)
- "Switch shows what a great crossmedia production should look like"
- FLEGA, Article (English)
- "Triangle Factory achieves unseen success with new app"
- made in oost-vlaanderen, Article (Dutch)
- "Switch Game goes Halloween"
- Showbizzsite.be, Article (Dutch)
- "Already more than 200.000 people are playing Trivia Switch"
- Muudo, Article (Dutch)
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Co-creators of Trivia Switch and creators of the TV Show "Switch" http://www.panenka.tv/en.
About Triangle Factory
Triangle Factory is an independent game developer founded in 2010 and based in Ghent, Belgium. Hungry for new technology and creative ways to build fun and immersive experiences, the team is working on a number of creative concepts for Mobile, VR and AR platforms.
More information on Triangle Factory, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Trivia Switch Credits
Game Design, Panenka
Business development, Panenka
Game Design & Lead artist, Triangle Factory
Game Design & Business development, Triangle Factory
Sobraj Van Zeebroeck
Lead Developer, Triangle Factory